Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 28, 2013

"Shaking" The (Biking) Blues Away?


"NO, little Pewter Princess, we can't go up there.  Not yet....."

Another shake down ride, almost 6 3/4 miles.  I think I could have gone longer but I really didn't want to push it.  Moderation and I do need to build up my legs and lungs.  Plus it was pretty windy!
I'm still not able to do steep hills, although she shifts like a dream!
I did a bit of sidewalk riding and some speed training on a long straight road that's about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile. (I don't have an odometer, but I think we were going about 10-12 MPH)
Practicing going off a low curb, protecting the knees, working on balance, did a few tight turns...just kind of feeling the new girl out....getting acquainted.... I'm still very leery about slamming on the brakes and keeping upright.  I'm not one of the world's most courageous cyclists to begin with. Green Lady, the Bianchi, taught me a lot last year!  This new bike is more of a "beater" as the Bianchi is extremely precious and this one can go on the Towpath AND road.

My butt got stuck on the seat at one point as i was dismounting, that WAS a little scary.  What the heck was that all about?  How embarrassing..... I'll blame on the bike short padding..... Yeah, right....the padding.....

She has been starting to whisper her name to me....I think she's going to be Scheherazade (Scherri)....I think she has tales to tell.....at least that's her story and she's sticking to it!


She is a Raleigh Cadent FT1 and she was a gift from my Spousal Unit! Isn't he the bomb????

No comments:

Post a Comment