Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Why Have A Dog That.....?

Is it just me or am I crazy?

Why in the world would you have a dog that had to be heavily monitored and watched like a hawk when it had bitten, lunged or tried to attack numerous people?

I just don't get it.  Just thinking about it makes me tired.

I have 2 friends (with non-ACDs) who have dogs that are (to me) ticking time-bombs.  The dogs have to muzzled 100% of the time when they are anywhere people might be.  One of my friend's dogs is very sick and has to be under full sedation so the vet's staff can monitor him.

I get a crabby snap when the dog is in a lot of pain; heck, I snap too when I'm in pain.  I get the "Ooops, mistake" bite too.  It happens.  Dogs bite. I'm just wondering why all the effort for dogs that are never, ever going to live even close to a "normal" life.

What's makes this even more ironic is both these folks are 100% all positive  trainers.  I'm not dissing all-positive training.  Artie was trained AP.  But what is the point of having personal dogs that can't be left with anyone or any place?

With all the good, easy, nice, "balanced" dogs out there in rescue and in shelters, why (quite frankly) waste years on a dog that will never get better?

I just don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment