Total Pageviews

Friday, February 28, 2014

Doctors: Good People Who Need To Stop Hedging Their Bets

Got a text yesterday that Grandson Aidan (the older one in picture) is coming home today. He'll still need recovery at home, of course. Thank you for continuing to think of him and praying for him and his family! 

BTW, I'm not buying any the doctor b.s. that says he'll have asthma or prone to bronchitis the rest of his life. I know he's going to have a complete healing, living a happy, normal, healthy life with sports, travel, pets etc. 

If my parents had bought the Doctor Bullsh-t when I was little, I wouldn't be sitting here, typing to you all. The doctors wanted to put me as a little one in a home for retarded children. In Nebraska. That I had to go to a school for the blind; I couldn't go to Lakewood public schools. That I'd never walk. My Christian Science grandmother told my mother she had to "accept" what I was. (Totally against the teachings of that religion, BTW.) 


Blah-blah-blah....nobody cares. Ancient history.


Needless to say, my father told them all (including my grandmother) to f----- off. He also filed a lawsuit against the Lakewood Public Schools the result of which allowed me, the first "vision impaired" or "disabled" child to attend Lincoln Elementary School. 


And if I were in Joisey in those doctor meetings about my grandson, I'd tell them the same thing. You don't know Jack, you're hedging your bets. The nurses are the real angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment