Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Ray Of Hope

Japanese Man Reunited with His Dog After Tsunami Separated Them
Japanese Man Reunited with His Dog After Tsunami Separated Them Hosted by Imbecile Entertainment

Do you remember a writing exercise you had to do in school; the one where you are given a picture and you have to write a short story about it? (Do kids even do this kind of thing any more?) It was an exercise in creativity, observation and imagination.

I've been to Japan. Many years ago, but I feel blessed to have had this experience. I have a lot of stories, none of which are terribly relevant at the moment.

When the earthquake and tsunami hit this lovely country, i felt so terrible for these people, especially the ones who have survived. Losing their loved ones, their homes and their pets. I heard somewhere that some places there are saying Bring Your Pets With You, but I don't know about that.

And I get (kind of) that some folks are saying People Are More Important Than Animals. Yes, yes, yes, I understand that.

But look at this picture. Look at that man. What story does it write in your mnd and heart?

My heart goes out to him and his dog; to all the people and animals of Japan. In a horrible, terrifying, horrific event, there was for this man a small ray of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment