Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Expanding Horizons

If you listen, you can hear him purring!


Every since we got Rufus the cat, he has pretty much (voluntarily) stayed in our basement. Cool! I wasn't sure, when Megan's cats (Dink and Envy) arrived her unexpectedly 2 weeks after we got him, whether or not I should integrate them as a "pack." I'm still on the fence about that.

In the last week or so, we have been leaving the basement door open, letting him scope it out. Holding back his breakfast time helped a bit too. (He's very demanding about The Food Thing!) He is SUCH a vocal cat. He has a ton to say!

Today he really ventured out: sitting on Marty's lap while he read the newspaper, lounging on his chair. He even came upstairs and jumped on the bed! I opened the cats' room door (they are separated by a baby gate) and let them gaze upon each other. It's all very interesting! Now I just have to train Elke to be even better with the cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment