Total Pageviews

Friday, February 11, 2011

Winger

My boy, my buddy, best hiking dog, the "Lick-a-tron 2000" is gone. We had to put him to sleep late this morning.
After the vet ultra-sounded his chest and saw the tumor in his heart, we had to decide to let him go.
They brought him to us, and he licked Marty's face. We held him and petted him and cried over him while the very nice vet, Dr. Mark gave him the injection.
I wish I felt like he's crossed over and is at the Rainbow Bridge. But I feel like he's partway here, confused and bewildered. I can't shake the feeling.

2 comments:

  1. Winger was a lucky, lucky boy to have you as his human. I know it's hard, but try not to worry about his crossing over... Dad and Auntie Kaya and probably a whole bunch of other folks who love us (and him) will show him the way. He's not alone. I love you and I'm so, so sorry. I think that death is the crappiest part of life, at least for those of us left behind. But I also truly believe that death isn't the end, but the beginning of something new. All we can do is honor, love and remember him in our hearts and know that someday we will all be reunited on a different plane of existence. I know it doesn't take away the pain that you're feeling right now, but you can always lean on me and all the rest of us who love you for support as you grieve for his loss. I wish I were there to give you a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, a thousand times.....

    ReplyDelete