Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Wisdom From Ann Lamott vis-a-vis Bone Marrow Crap

Thank you Joni Liebel for sharing  Anne Lamott....these lines rang well with me even though she's (Anne) about five steps ahead of me.

"I have long since weeded out people who might respond to my condition by saying cheerfully, "God's got a perfect plan." Really? Thank you! How fun. 

"There is no one left in my circle who would dare say, brightly, "Let Go and Let God," because they know I would come after them with a fork."

Let today's games begin!!  I will feel a sense of major accomplishment if I don't find myself running down the hall in a backless hospital gown as they try to do whatever they're going to do with my bone marrow today while I reenact "The Scream" in real life.

I can do this.  It's just a big prick (or a poke) and a big sting and a fair amount of pressure.  I've dated those before.

No comments:

Post a Comment