Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 29, 2019

The Adventures Of Buddy The Cat



A
ccording to the Spousal Unit.  (I missed this) as I was out of town at Midwest Uke Camp)  Here’s how he tells it.

“So I came home from work, it was last Friday, the 21st (of June, 2019), and it was a cool evening so I decided to open up the windows.  I got to the second floor and opened up our bedroom window and one in the cat room to get some air flow. I fed the critters. Then settled in to watch TV and eat dinner. 

“Later that night, I took up some wet food for Buddy but I didn’t see him.  I figured he was hiding as he sometimes does. I didn’t give it much thought.  Talked to Mia on the phone.

“I decided to go to bed around 1:30 am.  Still no Buddy.  I looked for him upstairs in the attic, under the bed, in the bathroom, his crate.  That’s when I saw the screen was NOT down on that cat room window. I panicked.  It’s two floors up.   That’s when I put 2 and 2 together and realized that the dogs had been barking at Buddy in driveway earlier. 

“I went outside and started calling for Buddy. When I opened up the front door, another cat, (not Buddy) ran off the front porch, hissing.  I walked up the driveway calling for Buddy.  I came back onto the porch, turned on the light, walked through the flower beds, calling the entire time. I was standing by the mailbox (near the front porch) calling, when I heard a soft ‘Meow!’ I called again, heard the soft ‘Meow.’ I was trying to figure out where it was coming from.  I called a  few more times and that’s when I saw Buddy’s face in the corner of the porch railings.  I went up on the porch, picked him up, brought him in the house.  He ran upstairs straight to his food. I put the screen down on the window and went to bed.  I felt relieved!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment